Houthis claim missile launch at Israel
amid renewed fighting in Gaza
Yemen-based group says hypersonic missile fired on Ben Gurion airport in second attack after Israel breaks Gaza ceasefire.
The Houthis have launched a hypersonic missile at Israel’s Ben Gurion airport, days after the Israeli army broke a ceasefire in Gaza, the Yemeni group said.
“The Yemeni armed forces carried out a qualitative military operation targeting Ben Gurion airport in the occupied Jaffa region with a Palestine-2 hypersonic ballistic missile,” Houthi spokesman Yahya Saree said on Thursday.
Recommended Stories
. Trump warns Iran will be ‘held responsible’ for Houthi attacks from Yemen
. The Take: What’s next after US strikes on Yemen?
. World reaction to Israel’s wave of deadly attacks on Gaza
He said the operation “successfully achieved its objective”, without elaborating. It was the second such attack since the United States began a new campaign of air raids against the rebels earlier this week.
The Israeli military said it intercepted the missile before it entered the country’s territory early on Thursday. Sirens sounded in several areas in Israel after the projectile was fired, the military said in a post on Telegram.
The Israeli police said sirens were heard in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Israel’s ambulance service said no serious injuries were reported.
0 Comments