News Houthis
US fires on Sanaa as campaign
against Yemen’s Houthis continues
Sanaa residents describe the strike on a western suburb of the Yemeni capital as ‘very violent’.
The United States launched air raids across Yemen overnight, killing at least one person and injuring 13 in the capital, Sanaa, media reports say.
The strike on Monday was the latest in Washington’s renewed military offensive against the Houthis, which started earlier this month when the Iran-aligned group said they planned to resume attacks on Red Sea shipping due to Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip.
Recommended Stories
. US air strikes hit residential area in Yemen’s capital
. Trump warns Yemen’s Houthis will be ‘completely annihilated’
. ‘Every shot fired’: Are Yemen’s Houthis a proxy force for Iran?
. Could Israeli violence ignite a wider conflict in the Middle East?
“A citizen was killed and 13 others were injured, including three children, in the final toll of the US aggression on a residential building in [Sanaa’s] Aser area,” said the Houthi-run Health Ministry spokesperson, Anees Alasbahi, in a statement.
Footage released by the Houthis showed the rubble of a collapsed building and pools of blood staining the ground.
The Houthis also reported air raids on sites around the city of Saada, the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, and Marib province, home to oil and gas fields under the control of allies to Yemen’s exiled central government.
Several social media accounts on Monday made unverified claims that the Houthis had attacked US naval vessels.
0 Comments