Israel kills dozens in Gaza as
Palestinians mark 77 years since the
Nakba
New attacks kill at least 74 in Gaza as Israeli far right urges occupied West Bank assault on Nakba anniversary.
More than 74 Palestinians, mostly women and children, have been killed in a wave of Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip, deepening an already catastrophic toll after 19 months of unrelenting bombardment.
At least 57 people were killed overnight and into Thursday in a barrage of strikes on residential areas in the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis, according to local health officials. Medical staff at Nasser Medical Complex reported an influx of casualties, many of them children.
Recommended Stories
. Qatar says recent Israeli Gaza attacks show lack of interest in ceasefire
. Ben & Jerry’s cofounder arrested at US Senate after protesting war in Gaza
. The Take: On Nakba Day, Trump tours the Gulf as Gaza starves
Speaking to Al Jazeera, displaced Palestinian Hasan Moqbel described the continuing assault as a war on civilians. “They have been bombing Gaza for 19 months. What’s left in Gaza? Innocent children are dying. There is no armed activity here. Most of them are elderly people who are dying,” he said.
Among those killed was Palestinian journalist Hassan Samour. He and several members of his family were killed when an Israeli strike targeted their home in Bani Suheila, a town east of Khan Younis.
Earlier this week, another Palestinian journalist, Hassan Aslih, was killed in an Israeli drone attack on the emergency wing of Nasser Hospital. He had been receiving treatment for injuries sustained in a previous Israeli strike.
Since October 7, 2023, Israel has killed more than 170 journalists and media workers, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), making Gaza one of the deadliest places in the world for the press.
0 Comments